Friday 18 February 2011

International student support

On monday, I'm visiting Salford University to talk about international student support (again!). I'll be mainly talking about the SCONUL Guidelines, but also a little bit about a new project I'm involved with. This new research, again with Karen Senior and Marie Scopes with whom I worked on the original report, will look at how we support students who are based overseas. Not the traditional distance leaner model, but more students based in overseas or satellite "campuses" of some kind. This is an area which is developing rapidly, but there doesn't seem to have been a lot written about it so far from the library perspective. I hope our research will help plug the gap, so I'd be delighted to hear from folks who are involved in any overseas initiatives, as you may be able to contribute. For now, here is the small collection of information we have discovered so far and here are my Salford slides.

No comments:

Post a Comment