Sunday 18 March 2012

Nanyang Polytechnic Library, Singapore

3D map


The other polytechnic in Singapore which hosts Newcastle students is Nanyang and I visited the Library there on Thursday. It has a similar size book stock to Ngee Ann, about 200k, but a smaller floor area.



I was very impressed with their 3D interactive guide. It displays on a large touch screen in the library entrance. Students can search for a book in the catalogue, click on Guide me and are shown a route from the screen to the bookshelf.

It's very clever and easy to use.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Moira,

    Thanks for the kind words!Our librarians will be delighted with your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a nice day! Very good article, well written and very thought out. I am looking forward to reading more of your posts in the future.
    singapore hotel deals

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a very helpful weblog I've been right here reading through for about an hour or so. I'm the beginner as well as your achievement is extremely a lot a good motivation personally. xbox repair website

    ReplyDelete